Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kale chip recipe

Have you ever thought, "What am I going to do with all this kale?" Well I have. First when it came in a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) box, later when hearing about recipes from a friend, and lately as I've grown my own. In fact, we harvested our first pieces of kale, and I still wasn't sure what we were going to do with it!

I'm not much of a cook...like really at all. So, I needed a recipe that was EASY. So, I got on Google and typed in, "Simple kale recipe." I found various version of kale chips. And they were marketed as a hit with kids! Sounded like a winner.

We tried them, and they are AWESOME. They don't look like much, but the taste more than makes up for it. I swear, these are like a healthy alternative to french fries!

Want to make your own? Here's how:

Needed:
Cookie sheet
Parchment paper (optional)
Brush (optional)
A few leaves of kale
Olive oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Clean and dry your kale (I like to use a salad spinner).

Tear your kale into bite sized pieces. Remove the stem. It works really well to put a piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Place your kale on the covered cookie sheet.

Drizzle with olive oil. I prefer to brush on the oil for a thin coating across the full piece.

Sprinkle with salt. Sea salt is a delicious option. You can experiment with flavors, like added garlic (our fave).

Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove when the edges are browned, but not burnt.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment