Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wedding inspiration board

Remember my post about green wedding basics? Well, we're making some progress in planning, and trying to keep "green" in mind.

Here's my inspiration board for the wedding design:

(Click on the image to see a larger version of the inspiration board).

Here are some highlights on what you're seeing, and how we're integrating "green" principles:
  • We've chosen a farm venue for the wedding, so we have a great excuse to keep things "eclectic-chic," the term I've come up with describe the style I like. It also means that we can get our flowers from a field right across the street - we just tell the growers what colors we like. Doesn't get much more local than that!
  • The farm has rental items available on site, so we don't have to truck in tables, chairs, tents, etc. They even have some great decoration items, including blue mason jars. Rather than driving around to buy all that I would need, I can use jars that will be used for many weddings.
  • We're leaning towards corsage and bout alternatives - saving on the number of live flowers we will use. These will double as keepsakes from the wedding for some of our special guests.
  • I'm hoping that my friend over at The Radical Cupcake will make my wedding cake. This means we can use local, organic, and allergy-friendly ingredients. Our families are on the look out for perfect pieces of wood for the cake stand, and I can't wait to order bird toppers from Etsy.
  • We found an adorable and FREE template for save the dates. We're planning to send them electronically, to save on paper.
  • We love the idea of repurposing vintage items like bird cages, flower stands, wood for signs, and chalkboards.
  • I've asked my friend from Ace Quilting if she will make our ring pillow.
  • I hope to utilize some very crafty bridesmaids and my "wedding design consultant" (two of them are The Ravenna Girls) to help create a number of crafty pieces.
So, what do you think? Do you like the themes and atmosphere? Other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I would love to write about your wedding at http://www.thegreenbrideguide.com - let me know if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be honored! I'll write you to discuss. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete