Thursday, June 25, 2009

Setting off for the Grand Kayak Adventure!

I can't believe that we leave in less than 3 hours to drive up to Anacortes and begin the Grand Kayak Adventure!

Hopefully it will look like this:

Photo by Roger Lynn, Flickr

This is my first big, multi-day athletic undertaking since Climate Ride. I'm a little nervous, but I'm also excited to be going with 6 wonderful friends. It's funny, though. I went into Climate Ride knowing not a soul, but I came out feeling so close to several of the young women. Two of them I spent the entire 320 miles with! Kayaking will be a little different - I've been to the San Juans many times, we have a guide, and I'll be with people I've known for years. It should be interesting to compare the experiences! And, in addition to looking for whales and trying to identify marine invertebrates on the beach (ahh, the joys of my former Beach Naturalist training), I'm REALLY looking forward to some quality time with the girls (3 of my co-kayakers).

As I've mentioned before (here, here, and here) sometimes I find it really challenging to have enough time for all the things that matter in life. And while I think there is a lot of value to simple living, I'm passionate about a lot of things! So, it's wonderful to take the time to get away with the people you care about.

I'll be back on Monday night, so expect some awesome pics on Tuesday and Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment