Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Coming to the end of the Low Car Diet

I just submitted my final Low Car Diet post. Here it is, and I'll let you know when you can see the full story on Zipcar's website.

It's been a great final Low Car Diet week, highlighted by a car-free trip to the Sounders and a stay-at-home weekend:
http://sustainablejackie.blogspot.com/2009/08/our-car-free-trip-to-sounders-game.html
http://sustainablejackie.blogspot.com/2009/08/car-free-weekend-filled-with-cleaning.html

I haven't needed to use my Zipcar credit yet, but I'm planning to for a work meeting later this month and an upcoming trip to visit my parents on the Hood Canal. I love that we can take the ferry to Bainbridge and get a Zipcar there!

This has been a great experience. It reinforced the things that I'm already doing right, and helped me identify the areas where I can improve. At this point we are almost ready to sell a car, and the availability of car sharing is an important benefit in support of "taking the leap." I would highly recommend a do-it-yourself Low Car Diet to anyone considering selling a second car, or becoming car-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment