Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Things I accomplished while commuting this week

  1. Exercise - walked more than 13 miles
  2. Read - About 100 pages of Little Women
  3. Checked e-mail - Oh, Blackberry. What would I do without you?)
  4. Spent much needed time spacing out
  5. Achieved cooling - I'm fortunate to ride a bus with air conditioning.
  6. Ran errands - Stopped in stores to look for a card, watered the garden on the way to work
  7. Remembered things I'd forgotten
  8. Made lists of things I shouldn't forget
  9. Observed traffic and construction without having to navigate it myself - Thank you, METRO drivers!
  10. Reduced the carbon impact of my commute - Woo hoo!

At least under standard conditions, items #1, 2, 3, 8, 9, and 10 couldn't be done in a single occupancy vehicle. I'm also pretty sure #4 wouldn't be a very good idea.

I feel very accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment