Monday, August 17, 2009

We did the Danskin!

You may have noticed that I didn't write much in anticipation of the Danskin...well, that's because I was REALLY nervous and unsure of whether or not I could do the swim. But, on Sunday morning I was out there with my friends. I'm proud to say that we all finished - and I think I speak for everyone when I say we're glad it's done!

We started out with a 1/2 mile swim - this was the scary part for me. We all lined up in the water, then swam in a triangle that ended back at shore. I was doing a lot of backstroking and was definitely one of the slowest in my wave, but I did it!

I was sooooo much happier to be on my bike. The swim was behind me, and I knew I could make up some time during our 12 mile ride across I-90. I managed an average speed of 15mph, which I think is pretty respectable given that I have been on all of 2 rides this season...

I am not a runner. In fact, I really hate running when it doesn't involve following a soccer ball. Still, it was so exciting to be on the last leg of the race, that I was practically giddy on our run/walk. Here I am running up to the finish.

All in all, I'm glad I was there with my friends. The Danskin is a really amazing event - seeing so many woman of all ages come together to challenge themselves.

Now that it's done, I plan to support Fiance-with-the-mostest in preparing for his triathlon in September. When school begins, I hope to schedule myself for regular time at the gym, and hopefully some of the great classes offered at low prices for students. I think relaxing workouts, like yoga, will be more appropriate for a while! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment